Since the 1990s Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E. Alekseev has been accepting foreign students. Later in 2007 it set up Center of Foreign Students' Education which also runs preparatory courses for foreign students. University entrants have an intensive course of the Russian language as well as brief introductory classes in mathematics and physics. Admission to the university is based on applicant's academic success at graduate exams which are taken at the end of preparatory courses.
Nowadays the university has students from different countries: China, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Morocco, Yemen, Congo, Iraq, Egypt, Ecuador, etc.
Every NNSTU foreign student is guaranteed a place in the hostel.
The cultural life of foreign students is interesting and exciting: excursions over the city, days of foreign languages, football matches.
Preparatory courses start on the 1st October while the other academic years start on the 1st September.
To have an academic invitation we kindly ask granted applicants to send us in advance via e-mail:
- A copy of your certificate/diploma of previous education recognized for admission to national universities;
- A copy of your international passport.
We also request applicants to provide us with brief information (preferably in Russian) on:
- Your name, surname;
- Your place of birth;
- Your residence address;
- A place where your visa is issued;
- Duration of stay in the Russian Federation (an academic invitation is valid for 3 months; deadline for arrival is one week before studies).
On arrival an applicant must have the following documents:
- An international passport with an entry visa;
- A migration card;
- An original certificate/diploma of previous education recognized for admission to national universities (including an academic progress supplement);
- A copy of your diploma/certificate of previous education including an academic progress supplement translated into Russian. Translation of academic documents into Russian must be certified by the Russian Embassy or Consulate in the country where they are issued or notarized in Russia.
- A medical certificate with AIDS test.
Please, send e-copies of these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Room 1142, 24, Minin Street, Nizhny Novgorod, the Russian Federation, 603950.