Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E. Alekseev
Nizhny Novgorod Polytechnic Institute (NNPI) was founded on the basis of the Warsaw Polytechnic Institute on October, the 1st, 1917.
Gorky Polytechnic Institute was awarded with the Red Banner of Labour by decree No. 2446-x of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR from July 8th, 1980.
Nizhny Novgorod Polytechnic Institute got the status of the Technical University and was given a new name of Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University by the order No. 1133 of the Ministry of science, higher education and technological policy of the Russian Federation from December 24th, 1992.
In accordance with the resolution No. 33 from February, the 2nd of 2007 the government of Nizhny Novgorod region named Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University after Rostislav E. Alekseev. (Read more...)